Monday, February 10, 2014




Bear, Moose and Deer quilt for our Silver Lake home.  Crazy quilt pattern and hand embroidery.




Hand applique.  Jessi designed the quilt and I pieced and quilted it. Jessi and I in our red canoe on Silver Lake.



A quilt for auction.  My Spokane Quilting group.  Proceeds went for medical research.




Christmas quilt.  Thimbleberries pattern.




Pieced table topper.




Doll Clothes for Etta's Christmas present.




My first attempt at Baltimore Album applique.  Many mistakes but I will try again.




This is my February quilt.  The houses are panels.




I Spy Quilt.  A favorite of the grandchildren.  My Olympia quilting group all gathered novelty prints, ten each and we shared to give us a large variety.




This is my September quilt.  Fall themed borders around a panel.




Birthday Bib for Wilma's first birthday.



Learning how to do applique.  My Olympia quilting group made this table topper for a goodbye gift.



Christmas quilt I sent to my friend, Colma in Melbourne, Australia.



Quilt for Jeron and Hailey's wedding.  Jeron was Jessi's high school friend and Hailey was my student teacher.  I made a pillow to match.




Jessi made this Waldorf doll for Wilma's Christmas present.  I made the doll clothes.


Sofa Pillows for Jessi's 35 th birthday as per her request.



Penguin Christmas quilt for Kelly and Brian.




Baby quilt for Kyle and Hom's first son Lucas born in 2009. Used year of the oxen fabric for the backing.



Wedding quilt for Kyle and Hom.  Hom wanted a pink and purple quilt.  They were married in the fall of 2008.








Flannel Baby Quilt that stays at Grammie's.





Another flannel quilt for Grammie's house.  Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar.



Pattern from Fons and Porter Magazine.  Christmas pillow.



Baby Quilt for Anna my hair stylist in Cheney, WA.  She requested a black and white quilt with either pink or blue highlights.




Quilt for Kym, Ben's sister.



Quilt for Josh who preformed the wedding ceremony for Jessi and Ben.  He picked the colors.



Quilt for Kirke and Ginny's 35th wedding anniversary.



Quilt made for Sherry's school auction.  My favorite colors.




This pattern is called Broken Dishes.  I made this quilt for Inez ......Russ's mother.





This was another pattern from Fons and Porter Magazine.  It was a donation for the a school auction where my daughter Jessi works.
The embroidery work and buttons made it especially fun.





Kelly and Brian's flannel wedding quilt




Bear and Moose themed bedroom at Silver Lake.



An Applique quilt for Anna's birthday.




Tea Cups applique with 1930s reproduction fabrics.  Gave this to  daughter Jessi.



Applique red, white and green.  Hangs in Sherry and Frank's new home in Olympia.





This quilt was made for Peter and Rachel's new house....friends in Rhode Island.  Matched their living room colors.

New Pillow for our living room.  Four different block patterns.



Thimbleberries pattern.  Christmas and winter wall hanging.


Teachers at Jessi's school each made a square and I put the quilt together.  Hangs in the school entry way.



Jessi designed this quilt and she did the applique.  Quails at Silver Lake.  





My quilt group in Olympia each made a quilt like this.  Our study in colors lesson.  Dark, medium and light.  We shared fabrics.



Baby quilt for Maron and Jen.  Jen picked out the pattern and fabric.  Monkies and bananas.  Baby Abi.



Made this applique and embroidery button hole stitch wall hanging for Leslie and Jim,  my son in law's parents.  Leslie likes red.



Quilt made for an alternative school in the Spokane Valley.  Dennis taught here for 3 years.



A gift for Maryann on her 30th birthday.  Maryann was in the Peace Corps with Jessi. 




This quilt was made with my Olympia quilt group.  We used 2 inch squares.  Another lesson in color.




My Quilt room in Silver Lake.







Table topper for Sherry's bathroom.  Loved the soft green colors.



These were squares made by 5th grade students at my daughter's school.  I put them together for a gift for a retiring teacher.






I made the center quilt for my Aunt June.  When she passed away, my cousin asked me to make two side quilts to hang with the center quilt.  Cousins Terry and Amy.  




My Uncle Gene worked for Northern Pacific railroad till retirement  I made this train quilt for him for his 90th birthday.




One of the few UFOs that I have.  This is a Thimbleberries pattern.  I have added an outer border and it needs to be quilted.

 This quilt was made by a woman in Botswana.  Jessi brought this back from her time in the Peace Corps.



Janice loves quilts.



Baby gift for Mirabelle.


Baby quilt for Kathey Wykoff's first grandchild.



Batik Butterflies.  I loved making this quilt.  Hand applique and embroidery.


Gift for Sherry's birthday.  I bought the fabric in Victoria, BC.  The fabric was made in England.  Frank's grandma's sewing machine.


Baby gift for Olivia.


Quilt made for charity.  Given to foster children in Spokane.

I made this from a kit bought in Sisters, OR.  Wedding gift for Jennifer and Kerry.

Thimbleberries pattern.  



Loved making this quilt.  Hand applique and hand quilted.  

Raw edge jeans fabric.  I used star printed fabric inside the reverse applique stars.


Raw edge applique for sister in law Ginny's apple room.


Stack and Whack pattern.  I used cartoon monster fabric.  My first grandson Arlo claimed this quilt made long before he was born.

Another Stack and Whack.

Batik lap quilt for Jessi.


Batik lap quilt for Joey.

Hand applique and hand quilted.


Swedish colored table topper for my mother in law.


Thimbleberries Winter in the Woods.


Three Daisies Thimbleberries



Thimbleberries.  Heart Blossoms.  Sent to Swedish cousins for a wedding gift.


Sampler Quilt made in my beginning quilting class.



Hand Applique and hand quilted.  Gift for my mom.


Christmas gift for Jessi and Ben.


Mock Wedding Ring Scrap quilt for Jessi.


First quilt I made for my mom.


Debbie Mumm pattern.  My cat Olive looking at the birds in our backyard garden.


Penguin Table Runner.


Pinwheel table runner.  


This is the first quilt I made.  I made it before I took quilting classes.  This quilt looks Ok from very far away........



Swedish colors for my mother in law.


Thimble berries pattern.  I made this pattern several times for gifts.

Thimbleberries pattern.  My Friend's House.




Thimbleberries Pattern.  Three Tall Houses.


Anniversary Gift for Friends


Quilt for Baby Ainsley


Hand Applique and hand quilted pillow


Color Families Lesson


Flannel quilt for Russ and Cindy, pinecone theme


Color Lesson Random Choice


Machine Pieced and machine quilted


Thimbleberries pattern.  Gift for Jennifer



Gift for Larry and Doris' 50th Wedding Anniversary.  


Hand Applique Moose and Snowman Pillow


Stack and Whack in Fall colors.  I mailed this to Jessi's peace corps family in Africa.  The quilt never arrived.



Flannel Table Topper for Kelly and Brian


Hand Applique Pillow for Aunt June's 90th birthday.


Christmas gift for Uncle Gene.


Gift for my cousin James in Virginia.



Rocking chair backing.



Log Cabin.  This quilt we actually took to Africa and gave it to Jessi's host family.




Pineapple pattern.  Gift for Jim and Leslie's Manhattan condo.


Kitchen wall hanging.......orange walls in Raintree house.

Spring Table Topper.  Practicing my free motion quilting.



Bear Paw pattern.  Machine pieced and hand quilted.


Thimbleberries pattern.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Fancy Schmancy quilt pattern.  Bountiful Blooms fabric by Moda.  Quilt pattern designed by Wendy Sheppard.